Medium - Hard
Time to Make
30 - 40 Minutes - Adult supervision needed
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint 5 paper plates with the watermelon pattern.
- Print out the templates onto paper and cut them out.
- Once the paint is dry, draw on the seeds with a black pen.
- Take the circle templates and lay each one over a plate and mark the lines and the centre. Ask an adult to help you with this if you need them to.
- Next, cut along the lines on your plates to make the pieces.
- Stick the correct yellow circles in the centre of each piece. Again, ask an adult to help if you are unsure.
- Take your whole plate and practice filling the plate using the different fractions.
Maybe write down your findings e.g.: 1 third + 2 quarters + 1 sixth = 1 whole. How many quarters make a whole? How Many sixths make a half?
Try this project but instead of a watermelon try an orange or slices of pizza.