Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
1 hour per card + drying time for paint
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a sheet of A4 card in your chosen colour and fold it in half. With the fold line along the left hand side draw the shape of a house onto your card, approximately 10.5cm wide and 16.5cm tall. Cut out the shape using scissors.
- Take fourteen craft sticks and paint seven in your chosen colour and the other seven white using acrylic paint. Leave to dry then apply a second coat of paint on top. Leave to dry.
- Lay the craft sticks next to each other, alternating the colours, with the long ends of the sticks touching. Make sure the ends of the sticks are all in line with each other. Cut away the edges from the top three craft sticks at an angle, on either side. You might want to ask an adult to help with this step as this could be hard for a child to do with scissors.
- Apply some glue all over the front of the card you have just cut out and then stick down the craft sticks.
- Take another four craft sticks and paint these in your chosen colour. Leave to dry then apply a second coat of paint on top. Leave to dry. Apply a small amount of glue to the back of each one and stick these to the diagonal edge of the top craft sticks to create the roof. Leave to dry.
- Cut out a small rectangle from self adhesive foam approx 5 x 8cm then stick this to the front of the beach hut. Cut out a round life ring from foam and stick this to the front of the door, then stick down a small white button to the front of the door to create the handle.
- Cut a length of ribbon and stick this just above the door. Cut out four triangle shapes from your chosen foam colour then stick these to the ribbon to create the bunting.
Apply two coats of paint to the wooden craft sticks to make the colours brighter.