Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut two cardboard tubes in half and cut 4 pieces of red tissue paper to 30cm by 30cm each. Take two of them and place them on top of each other.
- Take two halves of a cardboard tube and place them together in the middle of the tissue paper. Fill them with treats. Wrap the tissue paper tightly round the tube and secure with double sided tape.
- Cut the gold ribbon into four pieces, 70cm each. Pinch the tissue paper where the tube ends on each side. Take a piece of gold ribbon and tie it around the pinched part. Tie a tight knot. Repeat on the other side. Curl the ends with scissors. Repeat these steps to make a second cracker.
- Take one cracker. Use a thick black pen and the template to write ‘Happy New Year’ in Chinese. Take the other cracker and draw on the dragon’s face.
- Use gold paint to finger paint onto the crackers. Dot around the symbols and finger paint fur onto the dragon’s face.
Add a positive affirmation note inside.